Winds of Change California Zephyr 1949-2005 DVD
It was not the fastest. It was not steeped in railroad tradition. And yet, CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR quickly earned fame as "the most talked about train in America". It was designed to operate through the Colorado Rockies and Feather River Canyon during daylight. Five Vista Domes offered 120 superb seats from which to view the unfolding panorama between Chicago, Denver, Salt Lake, and Oakland. View the original promotional film, and go for rides during the 50s and 60s. Then, following an interlude of cutbacks, AMTRAK assumed operation under the "San Francisco Zephyr" name until the honored "C.Z." reappeared. See this legendary train in all phases of her career, blowing from 1949 into the new century, but as of 2005 yet showing her passengers the best of the American West in daylight hours!
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 30 Mins ($0.24/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.