Wallins Wonders Vol 1 GM&O - Rock Island DVD
The "Alton Limited" and other GM&O trains rumbled just feet away from the home of Richard Wallin, located on Third Street near Cedar in Springfield, Illinois.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
GM&O action between 1960 and 1965 includes the Kansas City Bloomington Motor Car; FAs at Corinth, MS; the only E8 and F7A on the roster; mail pick up at 80 per in Virden, IL; and GP30 / GP35 units, with Alco trucks, hauling red Commonwealth Edison coal trains.
Then, there's Rock - some of their FAs rode on EMD trucks! Silvis Shops power includes Centercab Whitcombs and a leased U.P. Alco S4. An F2 on freight and E3 heading the "Golden State" are two examples of why this road has such appeal to the student of rare diesels. Blue Island and Joliet host runbys of E6, BL2, RS3, Re-povered FM, Aerotrain, and new U25B units.
Along the way are glimpses of CB&Q. Santa Fe and other roads. Enjoy the changing scene as the first generation begins to give way to the new order - we even see an SD40 demo.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||50 Mins ($0.43/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.