Traction Freight DVD
Previously presented on five issues of Railroad Video Quarterly and here assembled together are the 16 mm TRACTION FREIGHT films of Kentucky native David J Williams.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
Starting in the 1940s, you will see Piedmont & Northern, Niagara Jct., Coon Mills, Lewis Sand & Gravel, Springfield Terminal, KCKV, Tulsa & Eastern, Sand Springs Railway, Tulsa Sapulpa Union, Water Board Railway, Kennicott Copper, Yakima Valley, Sacramento Northern, plus three Canadian operations: Cornwall Street Railway, Quebec Railway Light & Power, and BC Hydro. Then, witness VIRGINIAN RAILWAY heavy power: Side rodders, streamlined E2B2s, and the final power which survived into Conrail.
A short postscript shows 1920s G.E.s still working into the 21st Century: Steeple cabs in Cuba, then ride a box cab on a Nitrate line in Chile.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|1 Hour, 10 Mins ($0.31/min)
|0 Worldwide NTSC
ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.