Sonora-Baja California Railway DVD
Like a Pied Piper, diminutive but whistle-happy 0-6-0 #2 attracts a traffic jam along the parallel road between Empalme and Guaymas. Empalme Shops are viewed before surveying the FCP (SP of Mexico) north end to Nogales.
Independently operated until 1965, the Nacozari Railroad winds through the canyons until abruptly ending some distance north of town. Here, we circle the loop track at the modern Mexican Copper complex. Part of the route connecting the Nacozari line with existing FCP trackage was constructed in 1967.
Chanting in the 3 AM darkness at Benjamin Hill is a ghost from dieseldom's past -an FT! Light from the engine room streams through the group of four portholes. From the cab of #2203 hurtling down the well-maintained SBC, night yields to daylight, then sunrise on the vast Sonoran Desert. Trailing the FT are idle Alco #501 and a GE, which uncouples at Puerto Penasco in order to pinch hit for an ailing MLW (in BC Rail red, white & blue) on #3, which we overtake. Civilization gradually becomes evident as Mexicali, the end of the line, approaches.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 00 Mins ($0.36/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.