Son of Broadway - Strange Saga of Amtraks Three Rivers DVD
Born into the dysfunctional intercity passenger train network upon cessation of the "Broadway Limited" in September 1995, "Three Rivers" was designed to cut costs while keeping the mail moving. Starting as a N.Y. - Pittsburgh run, a through Chicago coach, via the "Capitol Limited", was added in 1996. With burgeoning new express business and Roadrailers, "Three Rivers" was extended to Chicago in 1997, often filled out to 30 cars, all but 4 being mail and express! Later, a Heritage sleeper was added, then change to Viewliner before being withdrawn in November 2004, shortly prior to the final run in March, 2005. Travel the twisted tale of perhaps the most unusual train in Amtrak history! (September 10, 1995 - March 1,2005)
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 00 Mins ($0.36/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.