Shibanxi - A Different Ending - China Steam DVD
Echoing whistles, link and pin couplers, pigs on passenger trains, tunnels, horseshoe curves, and a switchback. It's all here! For most of its length, there is no other travel option other than walking or biking on the right of way. Colorful spring 2011 action - plus scenes back to 2002 when the 762mm line was virtually unknown outside this secluded valley - showcases the best of this winding way, whose grades reach 3.7%.
You will also see the electrics which ply the busy lower portion of the Shibanxi line, along with more electrics on the rarely-visited Mojiang coal railway, whose local passenger cars resemble cages on wheels! Our final portion shows a Chinese-produced TV special on this line, with English subtitles, taking you behind the scenes into workshops, coal mines, and much more. Extra tourist trains are now common on weekends. But, with four daily local passenger round trips plus coal trains, this remains a work-a-day steam railroad - A DIFFERENT ENDING from the normal fate and now unique in world annals.
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||2 Hours, 00 Mins ($0.18/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.