Rock Island Rooster DVD
QJs have come to America! Only nine months following their retirement from the world's last steam operated mainline in northern China, doubleheaded 2-10-2s pulled several excursions and a freight train along former Rock Island rails near the quad cities.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
Here you will see #6988 and #7081, which hauled the last freight and passenger runs on the Jitong Railway, being overhauled and loaded onto the ship in Dalian. Then, watch as the locomotives and tenders are hoisted out of the dark hold in Houston. The scene then shifts to the activities of September 14-18, 2006. Go trackside and on board for trips to Iowa City, then Bureau with the addition of Milwaukee 4-8-4 #261, and finally Muscatine, along the upper Mississippi. Watch from atop the 1896 government bridge! Railroad development corporation, and Iowa Interstate, chairman Henry Posner III talks about how the project came to be, and some of the challenges involved. These trips formed the centerpiece of "Riverway 2006", celebrating 150 years of the first bridge across the Mississippi. Historical vignettes of Rock Island Lines and Milwaukee Road help fill out the story of this landmark event.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|1 Hour, 15 Mins ($0.29/min)
|0 Worldwide NTSC
ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.