Narrow Gauge Forever Rio Grande Yesterdays & Today DVD
In the 1880's little trains propelled big dreams. See authentic narrow gauge action in the 1950s by Colorado Railroad Museum founder Bob Richardson. You will see wedge plows in action on the Sapinero Branch during the "Big Snow" year of 1953, along with the drifted-in Crested Butte Station. Watch ore concentrate being HAND SHOVELED between standard and narrow gauge gondolas at Montrose! Visit Marshall Pass (10,845 Ft.), Salida, Lizard Head Pass at it's end, and many more places where the whistle was once heard. 20 minutes of great memories!
The TODAY coverage begins with one of the most fantastic STALL sequences ever filmed! From the vantage point of Windy Point, the locomotive is seen slowly approaching, then slips and stalls. Several attempts are made before the stubborn grade to Cumbres is conquered.
Then, join a special freight train in late summer, 2000 for an entire Chama — Antonio round trip. Run pasts were staged at Tanglefoot Curve, Cascade Creek Trestle, Toltec Tunnel and Gorge, Phantom Curve and dozens more. And you will observe how the crew overcomes a seemingly impossible situation on the road as they attempt to solve a bearing problem! Enjoy with us great moments on the Narrow Gauge
Yesterday and Today!
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 30 Mins ($0.24/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.