Mexican Trilogy - The Chihuahua Railway DVD
5 of 5 (1)
Hundred Year Dream
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
The CHIHUAHUA PACIFIC RAILWAY
The Lasso, The Slab, The Pear (El Lazo, La Laja; La Pera - a loop, high bridge and tunnel respectively) are a few landmarks on this remarkable journey. How about Barranca del Cobre, Copper Canyon? Explore the CH-P from 10,000 foot Drake Tunnel to the Pacific port of Topolobampo.
Regional SOUTH ORIENT RAILWAY hosted our special train from Ft. Worth to the border town of Presidio, TX. Portions of this former KCM&O (Kansas City, Mexico & Orient) route involve mainline running on the Santa Fe and SP's Sunset Route.
Once in Mexico, we cover the entire CH-P mainline to the coast, plus the high branch to Neuvo Casas Grander complete with two summits and a pair of horseshoe curves. Visit the telegraph equipped dispatching center in Chihuahua, and see the instruction car for engineers. Meanwhile, passengers on the platform jostle for position in an attempt to claim seats aboard an arriving Segunda (2nd class) train, handing bags and even kids through open windows. Going "railfan class", a gondola provides superb views of this incomparable route marked by 92 tunnels 39 high bridges. Buenas vistas from the locomotive front pilot are abundant as we descend the Temoris Loops with El Toro alongside, and ease across a river 300 feet below.
Derelict FMs, Autovias and some surprises lurk in the La Junta shops. Unloading of the unique RV train at Los Mochis is pictured before "whacking the weeds" en route to our final destination: Topolobampo.
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|1 Hour, 28 Mins ($0.25/min)
|0 Worldwide NTSC
ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.