Mexican Trilogy - Seaside Alco The Southern Pacific of Mexico DVD
Despite the sale to Mexico in 1951, certain SP operating practices are yet faithfully observed at centurys end. Journey over FCP's line from Sufragio south to Guadalajara, along with several branches plus NdeM routes to Los Reyes and Manzanillo.
Alco RS-11 #501 (originally 1501) celebrates her 39th year in a fresh coat of green paint and yellow trim. In the company of a GE SUPER 7, we zip along the coastal plain and witness sunset over the Pacific. On the evening of November 7, 1996, partake in the annual "Day of the Railroader" festivities at Tepic!
Thrill to the viaducts and blast through 35 tunnels (from the GE's walkway!) along this route completed in the 1920s through the challenging canyon region. At Guadalajara, sleeping cars and Pullman conductors are not quite memories. A variety of Alcos and MLWs, some in BC Rail paint, hold our interest.
Alco #501 gets to strut her stuff on the Ameca branch, creating more than satisfactory plumes of exhaust. Ride the rural NdeM branch to Los Reyes, then the Manzanillo line whose 16 tunnels are being enlarged for double stack trains. In fact, work is in progress as we pass through T-14! Helper-assisted iron ore trains are passed on our way to the Pacific port of Manzanillo, concluding our middle volume of "MEXICO TRILOGY".
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|1 Hour, 10 Mins ($0.31/min)
|0 Worldwide NTSC
ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.