Longest Day Homewood 2007 DVD
23 miles south of Chicago, "Home Sweet Homewood" offers much to the railfan. Opened in early 2007, the raised viewing platform on the east side allows one to watch and photograph road freights and switch moves at the south end of Markham Yard, along with six Amtrak and frequent Metra Electric trains. Near the unusual Mission style station of 1925 have been displayed a refurbished GP10 and caboose - video from March, 2007, shows how this was accomplished. From pre-dawn, we follow the day's activities through two rush hours, a wide variety of freight and switching power, a screeching hoard of cicadas, and concluding with a very late southbound "City of New Orleans". Plan to visit - Rail Heritage Weekend is held each third Saturday in May.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 16 Mins ($0.28/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.