Late Great Nickel Plate 1950s High Speed Freight Special DVD
NKP's famous 2-8-4 Berkshires strut their stuff across the system, Buffalo to Chicago! Great winter sequences were captured by all three photographers: Clifford Redanz, Richard Wallin, and Ed Beckwith. For variety, there are also 2-8-2's, Hudsons on passenger extras and doubleheading with a Berk, 0-8-0 switchers, and even PRR 2-10-4's at Bellevue. Alco PAs on passenger and other models on freight, but 90% of this DVD focuses on the high speed merchandise trains capably headed by the 700-series Berkshires. 800-series (ex-W&LE) Berks are also viewed. Watch the crew grab orders on the fly at Blasdell, NY - doubleheader on the Painesville Viaduct -Valparaiso action, and a steam leak limiting the engineer's visibility -Cleveland and Kent, Bellevue and Shaleton, NY where a derailment is cleared up. A bit of pacing action, plus postscript views of #759 and #765.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|50 Mins ($0.43/min)
|0 Worldwide NTSC
ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.