Interurban Ghost - Wilkes-Barre & Hazleton DVD
A mere twenty minutes is required to travel between Wilkes-Barre and Hazleton, PA via Interstate. But back in 1903 the pioneering (protected third rail, no grade crossings, ...) WB&H offered a one hour schedule which seemed lighting fast compared with roundabout rail service. The short-lived Wilkes-Barre & Hazleton ended in 1933 so there are, alas, no films or color photos extant. But much remains of the original 30-mile "roller coaster" right of way, which is explored in this program. Substations, bridges, a horseshoe curve, tunnel and stone arch viaduct were among remnants still to be appreciated seven decades on. Come along and trace the ghost of the Wilkes Barre & Hazleton!
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.