Historic Steam Shortlines - Just as Wide DVD
Until Shortlines became the Bastion of Steam in the late 50s and early 60s, most attention was lavished upon the major roads In this volume you will travel from Michigan to Missouri; Arizona to Vancouver Island via the camera of Akron, Ohio native John Stein.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
Ride the East Jordan & Southern Mixed -the Pepsi is only a nickel. Then watch the locomotive roll along the grass-covered right of way as seen from a track car just ahead Stunning Winter views, too.
Logging roads form a major portion of this survey. Westside Lumber, Pickering, Comox, Rayonier, and others display power ranging from articulated to climax types At runís end, the ritual of dumping the logs is also captured.
Other shortlines hauled copper ore, sugar beets, coal and mixed freight. While a very few diesels sneak into view, many of these operations ceased before the advent of internal combustion power on their rails. Watch the intriguing drama of steam unfold along remote lines -perhaps short lengthwise, but certainly not lacking in interest.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 00 Mins ($0.36/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.