Heritage Series Early Norfolk Southern 1987-1989 DVD
1987-1989 As the decade of the 1980s came to a close, Norfolk Southern was coming closer to presenting a unified image. There were, however, still a large number of locomotives still operating in the paint schemes of both the Norfolk & Western and Southern Railways.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
Picking up where the previous volume left off, we see action filmed primarily on the west end of the former Southern Railway line from Louisville, Kentucky, to St. Louis, Missouri. Action is centered on Centralia, and locations include Hoffman, Posey, Bartelso, Walnut Hill, Bluford and Mount Vernon.
Older locomotive models abound, including GP30s, GP35s and SD4Os in both N&W and Southern paint. GP38s variations are plentiful, along with GP50s and GP59s, SD50s, and General Electric power in the Univeral, Dash-7 and Dash-8 series.
Former Southern Railway bay window cabooses were still in use on most trains at this time, and the train consists were loaded with roads that are fallen flags today.
The Heritage Series features railroads as they were, from fallen flags to steam locomotives in excursion service that are no longer in operation today.
Award Value: 89 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 49 Mins ($0.16/min)|
|Producer:||Diverging Clear Productions|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- Some or all of the DVDs or Blu-rays from this producer are manufactured using DVD-R or BD-R material.
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- The products this producer offers have a home-made appearance. They are usually made in extremely small quantities. Everything we sell is brand new direct from the producer.
- This product comes in a slimline 7mm width DVD case.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.