Ferrovias Guatemala - A Second Look DVD
Don't think low tech, slow speed, narrow gauge railroading can be fascinating? Prepare to change your mind! Watch as a Sunday market, like the Red Sea before Moses, hastily parts in front of our locomotive. Bats are spooked as we bore through a tunnel. Wheels spin and traction motors scream as we make walking speed on dew coated and vegetation covered rails. But, increasingly, the freight is moving again by rail!
This visit serves to update "Central Doubles" from 2001. Solid progress is documented, and more growth and expansion is planned. On the Atlantic, take a close up look at Puerto Barrios as ships are loaded. Visit the "Zone 12" yard in Guatemala City. Take part in an annual company gathering and shipper appreciation. 2-8-0 #204 works along 66 heavily graded miles over trestles and around sharp curves. Improved safety and worker morale are an important part of the story. Abandoned in 1996, the railroad's comeback has confounded the naysayers. Learn of more line reactivation plans, and puzzle your brain over how a railroad can haul sugar in two directions! FERROVIAS GUATEMALA - worth a Second Look.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|0 Worldwide NTSC
ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.