Erie Lackawanna - The Friendly Service Route DVD
The Erie-Lackawanna offered commuters an "on-time" ride. Shippers received excellent service, not to mention an alternative to Penn Central. And, until 1970, long distance passengers were afforded views of some of the best scenery east of the Rockies. A mix of old and newer diesel models, colorfully painted and clean more often than not, helped make the line a favorite among camera fans.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
Chronologically following our program "before the hyphen". This volume covers 1964-1976. Watch and ride "Phoebe Snow", "Owl", and "Lake Cities". Visit busy Marion, Ohio. Triple meets converge on the Bergen tunnels. And nearly the entire freight roster rolls by: Fs and FAs; GP and RS units; C-425s U33C and SD-45 models. M of W gandy dancers pound spikes, and crews hustle to complete a bridge installation before the monday morning rush.
The E-L has now been gone for more years than she existed, but most of the east end at least still serves an important transportation function. These scenes will rekindle memories for some and serve to educate those of the 21st century
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|1 Hour, 47 Mins ($0.20/min)
|0 Worldwide NTSC
ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.