Chile - Rails Through the Long & Dry - Electric Steam Diesel DVD
Think Longitude. String bean Chile offers landscapes one might expect of Mars, and yet rails thread their way through this stark and terrifying vastness. The Atacama region, driest on this planet, possesses untold riches in copper and nitrates. 6% grades and panoramas unequaled anywhere await on the Arica-La Paz line into Bolivia. Wildly colorful ex Newfoundland narrow gauge GP's roll along Antofagasta & Boliva while G.E. 1927 vintage G.E. boxcabs hum along 4% grades on the Tocopilla al Toco, hauling nitrates and chemicals to the Pacific. See "Little Joes" in Santiago, the world's biggest open pit copper mine, some great steam, plus shops, cab rides, port views and a host of other railroad delights! Two great hours of wonderful diversity, filmed 1991 to 2001.
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|2 Hours, 00 Mins ($0.18/min)
|0 Worldwide NTSC
ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.