Cassandra PA on the West Slope - Dawn to Dusk DVD
Halfway between Altoona and Johnstown lies the oldest bridge to span Norfolk Southern's Pittsburgh Division. Compared with Horseshoe Curve some 14 miles to the east, the West Slope offers reduced grades of 1.15%, and straight-aways allowing for fast paced westbound action. Eastbound trains, though, account for heavy tonnage oil and coal trains often requiring four rear helpers. June 18, dawn to dusk, saw over 40 trains plus helper moves, including a single unit welded rail train. A night thunder-storm with Lackawanna heritage helped put an exclamation point on this full day.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|2 Hours, 06 Mins ($0.17/min)
|0 Worldwide NTSC
ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.