Black Diamond to Gaspe DVD
Swing aboard for a memorable journey from Chicago to Gaspe' and return. Along the way we will sample the evening rush hour at Chicago Union Station, where E-units still reign supreme on the BN commuter fleet! Ride the "BROADWAY" on a 24-hour odyssey to New York, as everything seems to go wrong. Then it's off to Montreal aboard 1916-vintage Lehigh Valley office car 353, "The Black Diamond. " The "MONTREALER", running 4 hours late, permits all of beautiful Vermont to be seen in daylight: Bellows Falls, Essex Jct, St Albans and the Lake Champlain wooden trestle.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
On to Gaspe'! The undeserved/y obscure "CHALEUR", which somehow has survived the VIA RAIL slaughter, provides vistas of the Gulf of St Lawrence, the Matapedia River, and the Atlantic Ocean. The twisting, cliff-hugging branch takes us to Perce' where we examine the ship-like rock, and the 50,000 gannets on Bonaventure Island (world's largest bird sanctuary).
On the return voyage, sample elegant dining aboard the 353. Many close-up detail shots are included. Return to New York on the same CN and CV route, then head south to Washington D. C. where we glimpse the magnificently restored Union Station. The "CAPITOL" offers stunning sunset vistas through the mountains en route back to Chicago. ALL ABOARD!.'
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|1 Hour, 44 Mins ($0.21/min)
|0 Worldwide NTSC
ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.