Back to the Road to the Future DVD
"The Road of the Century" is revisited in these 90 minutes. The 1950's and 1960's are viewed here: grimy Hudsons on their last passenger assignments; the "Steel Fleet" racing along a four-track mainline; PA's, C-Liners, Baldwins, EMDs at Collinwood. Seen are the two elusive F-2's, along with P&LE PA's, "X-plorer" and "Aerotrain".
From Grand Central Terminal, our route west includes 125th street, Croton-Harmon at the end of third rail, Peekskill, Albany union on a frigid day, Rochester, Victoria yard in Ft. Erie, Ont. With steam switchers, Collinwood shops, Berea, Campbell, Windsor, and many more locations en route to St. Louis and Chicago.
In a 1966 test, RDC M-493 hits 183.85 mph. Inspect the Wellington, Ohio wreck of January 10,1960. There are other surprises as well, but mostly just good train watching: 20th Century Limited", "Empire State Express"' and other Limiteds alongside freights with pacemaker box cars, flexi-vans, and trilevel auto racks. So step back to the "Road to the Future"!!
Extra!! 20 minute film "Flight of the Century", 1931
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 30 Mins ($0.24/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.