1953 in the Maritimes - Dominion Steam East DVD
THE DOUBLE FEATURE "VIA EAST" / "MARITIME MLWs" ( released 1992) CHRONICLES THE MODERN RAILROAD LANDSCAPE IN THE MARITIMES. THIS CHARMING BUT OFTEN NEGLECTED CORNER OF THE CONTINENT IS HERE REVISITED IN MORE PROSPEROUS DAYS.
WATCH A MIXED TRAIN SNAKE OFF THE DIGBY PIER, OBSERVE THE TURNTABLE AND COALING OPERATION AT YARMOUTH, AND RIDE THE HALIFAX AND SOUTHWESTERN. MIKADOS, TEN-WHEELERS, PACIFICS, NORTHERNS - AND THE MEN WHO OPERATE THEM, IN A DAY WHEN THE ONLY TRACKSIDE SENSOR WAS AN ENGINEER'S TOUCH ON THE MAIN BEARING.
ALSO VISITED IS THE CAPE BRETON STEAM RAILWAY, WHICH BOASTED A 1910-VINTAGE ALCO AND THE "REPTON" SCHOOLS-CLASS ENGLISH 4-4-0.
OUR FINAL SECTION TAKES US INLAND TO ONTARIO FOR SEVERAL DRAMATIC WINTER STEAM RUNBYS WITH THE #6218, C.N.s NORTHERN. 1970s DIESEL VIEWS OF THE MARITIME REGION PLUS ONTARIO NORTHLAND ROUND OUT THIS CELEBRATION OF CANADIAN RAILROADING.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|57 Mins ($0.38/min)
|0 Worldwide NTSC
ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.